Friday, March 12, 2010

Rainy Day Soup

This morning I woke up to a cold rainy day. It's days like this one that makes me want to put on my comfy pants and stay in. Instead of standing over the stove for an hour cooking up a big lunch, I decided to raid the pantry and create something simple. After searching the cabinets, I found a can of golden mushroom soup and away I went!

Simple Mushroom Soup

Ingredients:

1 tbs. butter
1/2 cup of baby Bella mushrooms
2 tbs. minced shallots
1 can golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 milk


Directions:

Melt butter in 4-quart sauce pan on medium heat. Once melted, add shallots. Cook for 2 minutes and then add mushrooms. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Next add the can of golden mushroom soup along with the water and milk. Stir until fully combined and cook to heat through. Serve with toast and enjoy!


Servings: 2

1 comment: